Monday, January 24, 2011

First week of classes

Well I realize it has been awhile since I have posted, but many things have happened.  The biggest would be that I started classes which everyone seems to forget I am here to do.  My weeks are spent trying to get in classes that I should be in and trying to figure out how things work here.  Therefore I won't have updates until after weekends because it is on the weekend when we actually go explore.  That being said we took part in a hop-on hop-off bus tour.  Our first day we only visited three places.  We went to Christ's Church which is a thousand years old and amazing on the outside. Natalie said the inside was alright and had so cool old stuff in it.  (Nicole and I didn't feel like spending money to see the inside of a church, I did enough of that with my family in Italy.) Next we went to the Guinness Storehouse which was absolutely amazing.  It was really cool, I highly recommend everyone who plans a trip to Dublin to go to it.  With that I must also say DO NOT drink the pint a the end, it is disgusting and you will regret having to taste that nasty liquid! Finally our day ended at Kilmainham Gaol (jail) which was alright, but not a must see. The tour guide just talked about executions the whole time so it was very depressing.  Our next day didn't go as planned.  We went to the Dublin Castle which was a huge disappointment and St. Patricks Cathedral which was beautiful.  It is 800 years old and HUGE.  I don't know how they were able to build it.  Unfortunately we were not able to finish the tour, hopefully we will be in the country next weekend.  That also means I will probably not be back on until next Monday so no yelling at me for not posting, I am a busy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment